Know the 7 Honours and recognition given to Taj Mahal
1) In 1983, the Taj Mahal was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This prestigious status recognizes its exceptional universal value as a cultural and historical landmark.
2) The Taj Mahal was voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World in a global poll conducted by the New 7 Wonders Foundation.
3) The Taj Mahal is recognized as a national heritage site by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
4) The Taj Mahal holds great significance as a national symbol of India. It is featured on Indian currency notes, including the 2,000-rupee note.
5) The Taj Mahal is often regarded as an architectural masterpiece and a symbol of India’s rich architectural heritage.
6) The Taj Mahal attracts millions of visitors from all corners of the globe each year. Its grandeur, beauty, and historical significance make it one of the most popular tourist destinations in India.
7) The Taj Mahal represents the cultural and artistic achievements of the Mughal era. It serves as a testament to the rich heritage and craftsmanship of the time, garnering appreciation from historians, scholars, and art enthusiasts.